Boy - Roald Dahl

Here you can place titles of books that you think others MUST read, including a short plot description.
Plaats reactie
cibap
Site Admin

Boy - Roald Dahl

Bericht door cibap » 23-05-2015 09:47

'Boy' is a book I read during my study to become a teacher. The class I was taking was called 'reading for young adults' and the books we read were mainly books with 'a coming of age' plot. So the protagonist (main character) goes through something which makes him/her more mature. A lot of books have these kinds of plots and I really like those. I love everything written by Dahl but this book is different than for instance 'Matilda' or 'The Witches'

This book is so special because it is an autobiography, so the writer writes about his own life. The other amazing thing is that this book is suitable for young people but adults really enjoy it as well. The story is kind of 'layered' if you know what I mean. Very well written.

Boy: Tales of Childhood (1984) is the first autobiographical book by British writer Roald Dahl. It describes his life from birth until leaving school, focusing on living conditions in Britain in the 1920s and 1930s, the public school system at the time, and how his childhood experiences led him to writing as a career. It ends with his first job, working for Royal Dutch Shell. His autobiography continues in the book Going Solo.

dafne2u

Bericht door dafne2u » 15-09-2015 14:54

Oh, this one I want to read for sure!
Het leven moet niet vliegen, maar fladderen.

Catpirate

Bericht door Catpirate » 15-09-2015 20:16

I used to listen to the audiobook all the time, we have this in audiobook because my brother is very dyslectic. I really recommend this book. I enjoyed listening to it and I still do.
''Remember, Remember, the 5th of November, the gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.''
-V. (V for Vendetta)

Plaats reactie