Welcome, please read.

Some guidelines and information.
Plaats reactie
cibap
Site Admin

Welcome, please read.

Bericht door cibap » 22-05-2015 23:28

Welcome, CIBAP students and (perhaps) other interested persons.

My name is Kristel and I am an English teacher at the CIBAP vocational college, a very creative school. I work with awesome students on a day to day base and I noticed that the language levels and skills of a lot of students are quite advanced and often I am being asked if I have some more challenging material.

After a brainstorm session I decided to start up this platform to try and give you guys the opportunity to work on your English skills in a different way than we 'traditionally' have to during school hours.

At school there is hardly any room, or none at all, to spend time on literature such as poems, short stories, informative articles, etc. We only have an hour a week and as a teacher I have to follow certain guidelines. I noticed that a lot of students love reading books and watching series so it seems you have an appetite for stories, hence this project.

I will try and post stories on a regular base, feel free to start your own thread if you found an interesting story or article but try and keep it 'clean'. So no swearing and being offensive to each other. We are all entitled to have our opinions and we should respect each other for that. Also, I want all of us to write in English (duh).

I am really curious to see where this forum is going to take us.

Have fun!

Plaats reactie